When an application for funding under the Creative Communities Scheme has been received and acknowledged by the local CCS administrator, the application passes through the following stages:
1. Checking eligibility requirements (Administrator) – the CCS administrator checks that the application is eligible to be considered by the assessment committee.
2. Distributing applications to assessors (Administrator) – the CCS administrator distributes all the eligible applications to the individual assessors.
3. Applying the Assessment Scale (Individual assessors) – the assessors mark each application against the Assessment Scale, using the Application Marking Sheet to record a mark out of 20. They then return these marks to the administrator.
4. Creating a ranked list (Administrator) – the CCS administrator collates the assessors’ marks and creates a ranked list of all applications, from the highest marked to the lowest.
5. Prioritising applications and allocating funding (Assessment committee) – the assessment committee meets to discuss the applications and decide which should have priority for funding.
6. Notifying the applicants (Administrator) – the CCS administrator notifies each applicant in writing of the assessment committee’s decision about their application.